A typical penetration test might encompass a vulnerability assessment through conventional system and software testing or network security scanning alone.
A penetration test will benefit companies decide the faults in their network, computer systems and applications.
At GeakMinds, we provide a quality service personalized to your requirements.
- Validate internal and/or external security controls, including protections around high-value systems.
- Manual testing that simulates current threats, including pivoting and post exploitation.
- Satisfy compliance needs, including PCI 3.x, FFIEC, HIPAA.
- Tests users in conjunction with your external and internal networks.
- Simulates a common real-world threat; spear phishing + external testing that segues into an Internal foothold.
- Tests your response and detection capabilities.
Once the threats and vulnerabilities have been evaluated by our pen test team, they will address the risks identified throughout the environment. Penetration testing should be appropriate for the complexity and size of an organization. All locations of sensitive data; all key applications that store, process or transmit such data; all key network connections; and all key access points should be included. It attempts to exploit security vulnerabilities and weaknesses throughout the environment, attempting to penetrate both at the network level and key applications. The goal of penetration testing is to determine if unauthorized access to key systems and files can be achieved. If access is achieved, the vulnerability will be corrected and the penetration testing will be re-performed until the test is clean and no longer allows unauthorized access or other malicious activity.
- Initial information gathering
- Our goal is to learn everything we can about the target
- Potential vulnerabilities are initially identified
- Can involve the use of vulnerability scanners
- Also involves manual interaction
- Attempt to exploit vulnerabilities
- Tools like Metasploit, Core Impact will be used
- Typically involves manual work including developing custom exploit code
- Attempt to leverage exploited vulnerabilities
- Elevating privileges on compromised systems
- Potential for leveraging trust relationships between systems
- Attempt to obtain “trophies” and other sensitive data
- Defined in the scope
- Penetration testers use password hashes, encryption keys and user lists to gain access to data (to name a few)
Clean up and reporting:
- The penetration tester should always clean up after themselves!
- Remove files left by the tester, traces of access
- Reporting is the most important phase
We coordinate with our clienteles to build an exact profile of
- What your prime business function is ?
- Where threats come from ?
- What the objective of your security assessment is ?
This is done to make sure that the work conducted bumps into your exact needs. We emphasis on long lasting client relationships to make certain they get the paramount penetration test possible, providing them high-end, professional security audit services personalized to their requirements.
Our penetration testing services are presented in a low volume, high skill ratio. This lets us to more accurately simulate real-world hacking situations to audit network, web, and application security programs. We provide customers with industry recognized security experts while maintaining a reasonable cost expectation. Our knowledge and experience allows us to provide high-end pen testing and security services tailored to your needs.
Our security professionals use HPE Security Fortify Static Code Analyzer (SCA) to analyze the source code of an application for security issues. SCA identifies root causes of software security vulnerabilities, and delivers accurate, risk-ranked results with line-of-code remediation guidance, making it easy for our clients to address serious issues first.
Supports a wide variety of development environments, languages, platforms, and frameworks to enable security reviews in mixed development and production environments.
Guided by the largest and most complete set of security coding rules that are expanded and automatically updated by Fortify Software Security Research.
- Easy to use:
Integrate into any environment through scripts, plugins, and GUI tools so developers can get up and running quickly and easily.
- Scales to any application:
With support for the most programming languages, identifies the risk in all types of applications and scales with the growing demands of the business.
Our security professionals use HP Web Inspect, which is an automated dynamic application security testing (DAST) tool that mimics real-world hacking techniques and attacks, and provides comprehensive dynamic analysis of complex web applications and services.
- Dynamic and Runtime Analysis:
Testing the dynamic behavior of running web applications and services to identify and prioritize security vulnerabilities. Goes beyond black box testing: Integrating dynamic and runtime analysis to find more vulnerabilities – and fix them faster
- Technology Made Simple:
Optimize your testing resources. Advanced technologies, such as simultaneous crawl, bring professional-level testing to novice security testers.
- Compliance Management:
Easily inform management on vulnerability trending, compliance management, and ROI. Clearly communicate with development on the details and priorities of each vulnerability.
Leverage prebuilt integrations and other security testing and management systems.
- On-demand or On-premise:
Start quickly and scale as needed. WebInspect dynamic application security testing (DAST) is available on demand or as a licensed product.
- Centralized Program Management:
WebInspect manages and provides visibility to all your applications. WebInspect Enterprise establishes a shared service to centralize results while distributing security intelligence.
BURP PROXY PRO
Our security professionals use Burp Proxy integration tool for performing security testing of web applications. Its various tools work seamlessly together to support the entire testing process, from initial mapping and analysis of an application’s attack surface, through to finding and exploiting security vulnerabilities.
Burp Suite contains the following key components:
- An interceptingProxy, which lets you inspect and modify traffic between your browser and the target application.
- An application-awareSpider, for crawling content and functionality.
- An advanced web applicationScanner, for automating the detection of numerous types of vulnerability.
- AnIntruder tool, for performing powerful customized attacks to find and exploit unusual vulnerabilities.
- ARepeater tool, for manipulating and resending individual requests.
- ASequencer tool, for testing the randomness of session tokens.
- The ability to save your work and resume working later.
- Extensibility, allowing you to easily write your own plugins, to perform complex and highly customized tasks within Burp.